I woke up this morning & made a huge pot of coffee and listened to 80s music -- like Kate Bush & Pussy Galore kind of 80s. It didn't take me long to get "up & at 'em", I was really determined to get some things done today.
We are going to an Indian food potluck this evening @ WWT. I decided to make kheer, the only thing I know how to make successfully. I usually just do the almonds & raisins, but I went all out and added ground pistachios, too. I tripled my recipe, which can be a harrowing experience, you just don't know if a doubled or tripled recipe will turn out well until the very end. Thankfully, it turned out heavenly!


On Friday evening, I got to meet fellow blogger Alannah (accompanied by D) for dinner @ Layla's. I've gotta testify, I love her, she's really rad! Meeting her made me appreciate her blog even more in that what you read is what you get, she doesn't have a freaky-deaky online persona. It's so refreshing! Anyway, after dinner, we went to Creegen's to get post-dinner drinks. Creegen's boasts like 24 different Irish coffees, they're so good! Recommended, especially for the upcoming winter season. We talked and talked and talked, never a lull in the conversation. I can't wait until we meet again, hopefully on her turf.

Saturday, we got up & did our Xmas card photo shoot. As KMHD says, ATM really "nailed his character". I don't want to spoil the photos until we mail them out, so I'll just give you a taste. Here we are, post-photo shoot @ Vino's.

Saturday, we got up & did our Xmas card photo shoot. As KMHD says, ATM really "nailed his character". I don't want to spoil the photos until we mail them out, so I'll just give you a taste. Here we are, post-photo shoot @ Vino's.


After taking the photos, I was pretty much useless. I didn't leave the house the rest of the day. Naps ensued. And lots of television. It was too cold! I just wanted to be inside, wrapped in blankets.
Aside from some cleaning & cooking (I made sweet potato fries for the first time today, YUM!), today has been pretty lax. I'm trying to get ahead on my household chores. Mayumi will be our overnight guest on Thxgiving, so it's gotta be a deep cleaning. You know how it is with parentals.
This is really amazing, my favorite tree in downtown just all of a sudden dropped all of it's leaves overnight. One moment, it's a brilliant yellow leafed tree and then this:

I went to look at the leaf blanket and learned that this tree is a gingko, one of my favorites! This photo does no justice in showing that the leaf blanket is a couple of inches thick.

Natural color.

I went to look at the leaf blanket and learned that this tree is a gingko, one of my favorites! This photo does no justice in showing that the leaf blanket is a couple of inches thick.

Natural color.
4 comments:
Aaaahhh!!!! Those sweaters! I'm dying! I can't wait to see the actual photos. It's funny, without even telling Stella about our conversation the other night, she brought in Lucy's Christmas elf costume last night.
I didn't know you were taking our picture the other night; you're sneaky. I had a blast too! Can't wait to do it again.
I think I'm recovering from the past few weeks. I've spent all day snuggled up with Chicklet. She's the best snuggler. Dave and Stella brought me some pho and that's about all I could do all day.
Yay for new friends.
As soon as I read 'pho' in your comment, I called KMHD & asked if she wanted to get some on Tuesday. That sounds SO GOOD.
Yeah, our final photo that we've chosen for the card is truly hideous-awesome. If our aim was to make the viewer feel kinda gross, I think we succeeded. Good grief!
Well, here it is, Thxgiving week -- are you ready?
kim's sweater reminds me of the husky gal on sixteen candles. the sweaters are perfect.
S.P., it was a difficult decision on which sweater we should go with, there was a super variety @ Savers. The funny thing is that me & Andrew totally dropped off those clothes back @ Savers yesterday. That sweater I was rocking was seriously giving me the creeps.
Post a Comment